Saturday, July 25, 2009

i get around





I'm really sorry Steven
But your bicycle's been stolen
I was watching it for you
'Til you came back in the fall
Guess I didn't do a good job after all


I was feeling really sorry Steven
And I spent all morning grieving
And everybody's saying
That you'll take the news gracefully
Somehow I don't think I'll be getting off so easily

I meant her no harm
When I left her unlocked
Outside the Orange Street Food Farm
I was just running in
Didn't think I'd be that long
I came out, she was gone
And all that was there was some bored old dog
Leashed up to the place where your bicycle had been
Guess we'll never see poor Madeleine again


Let this be consolation, Steven
That all the while you were in England
I treated her with care and respect
And have her lots of love
And I was usually pretty good 'bout locking her up


Where
has she gone?
Well, I bet she's on the bottom of a Frenchtown pond
Rudely abused on some hescher's joyride
So I wrote you this song
In the hope that you'd forgive me
Even though it was wrong
Being so careless with a thing so great
And taking your poor Madeleine away, away

The Decemberists - Apology Song
if you don't know them then you should.

13 comments:

Kate Florence said...

i love vintage bikes with a basket on them! so cute! my dream is to live in london or new york and ride around on a bike to work how nice :-) ur blog looks nice liking this postxxxxxxx

Raez said...

LOL. dont worry, i dislike hobos as well! i would love to see your bike when you get one, tere really is no better way to get around!

xx raez

zoë said...

decemberisttsssss are terrific .
and so are bicycles .

A BIT COQUETTISH said...

Change is good! I seriously love that photo SO much! (:

Do enter my Current/Elliott jeans giveaway here (http://lacouturiernyc.wordpress.com/2009/07/25/a-one-year-celebration-giveaway/. Simply write your own "petite novella" (or short fashion fiction) about the outfit you/a character would wear incorporating those jeans & leave it in the comments! Have fun, be creative - you have a week!

bisous,
La C.

jessica said...

dragonette title ♥
love .
bikes are the top !!
and the decemberists are great :)

. said...

I love the outfit in the photo - everything about it is right. And those lyrics are gorgeous.

x
thinkbackandrelax.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I love vintage bikes. I also would seriously wear those hot yellow shoes when I bike. Total. Hotness. :-)

this wheel's on fire said...

Bikes are so summery, aren't they? Love it

RA said...

bikes before buses anytime! last time i cycled after 10 years (or more) was in february in gold coast, and it was hilarious because i had trouble balancing. i used to kick ass on bikes, riding with no hands and stuff back in the day... i'd ride a bike here but it's way too hot, and i'd probably get hit by a car as drivers here can be so reckless.

loveeeee your blog, mandi! x

CHANDLER ALEXIS said...

This blog is soo cute!! :)
check out my blog: cfashioncraze.blogspot.com

dee said...

Vintage bikes are so chic, aren't they? I love the girl in this photo with her pretty yellow shoes;)

Womens dresses said...

really like the heels!

London Shirts said...

I love that look!!and the bike adds a lot to the overall look!