Saturday, January 31, 2009
Balmain in Numero Tokyo
i know i'm sure we've all seen this posted time & time again around others blogs & such but i had to share my love for balmain. if i could get my hands on a pair of these jeans i would be the happiest girl alive. i plan on doing a little DIY on a pair of old skinny jeans and if it comes out alright i'll post pictures & a tutorial :)
wish me luck, i'm so excited!
pictured above; Chistina Drejenstam
Thursday, January 29, 2009
Friday, January 23, 2009
AH! I've been so busy lately that I haven't made a single post in over a week & I apologize. My boyfriend and I broke up and I've been in constant search of a new job which is very discouraging due to our economy, no one, and I mean NO ONE seems to be hiring. I should just be grateful that I have a job at all but I enjoy keeping myself constantly busy and I need the extra cash right now so I thought I could juggle two. We'll see what happens..
In the meantime I've been imagining in my head what my dream home would look like if I ever struck gold! One of my biggest goals in life is to buy a beautiful vintage victorian-like house and completely rennovate it from the ground up to my liking. The pictures below are just a few out of many more that I have saved for inspiration when the time finally comes to transform my dreams into reality..
What do you think?!
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Well hello! Greetings from my my big comfy couch where I intend to spend a majority of my day considering there's a not so appealing blizzard outside my window and I'm practically snowed in. I loved all of your comments on my last post, comments make me happy..i read each and every one and smile gratefully that I know there's other like minded people who share the same interests as myself out there in the world. Since were on the subject of myself I noticed that I was tagged by the lovely miss deanna over at Tea For Two which is one of my favorite bloggers that I visit on a daily basis. So here's a few random things about yours truly. Maybe we share something in common?! Let me hear it, i'd love to know ...
- I live in the windy city of Chicago in a vintage highrise across the sreet from a Barney's and on the same street as my favorite cupcake bakery Sarah's Pastries. What more can a girl ask for?
- I feel most at peace when I'm lying on a sandy beach on a warm summer day listening to the waves crashing against the shoreline.
- A very large majority of my favorite movies are directed by the uber talented Tim Burton such as Big Fish and Sweeny Todd.
- I was born on May 24th which makes me a Gemini and yes I believe in astrology. I'm still searching for my other half. Where are you?!
- Sometimes I feel like I'm connected to butterflies. Like I was a beautiful Aphrodite in my past life fluttering so carelessly through vast fields of colorful lillies and sweet smelling daisey's!
- Other times I feel completely disconnected from actual people, even my friends and family & unintentionally shut them out.
- Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day. Mmmm..bacon and friend eggs, how can I resist?
- My three biggest passions in life are fashion, art and photography. I'm struggling to decide which path I'll follow to pursue my career.
- I have an unhealthy obsession with vampires. If I had the choice I wouldn't even stop to think twice about turning to the dark side. Creepy huh?
- I would like to say that my favorite color is orange because currently that's how I feel, but it changes so often I can hardly keep up. Maybe black because it's so neutral and that's the color I wear most often but who knows! Depends on my mood.
OK, now in return I tag Trang & Melissa :)
Both very quickly becoming my favorite bloggers, they have amazing style!
Posted by mandi at 4:28 PM
Saturday, January 10, 2009
will sanders photography.
alice in wonderland leather wrap around from disney couture.
navy blue nail polish.
dolce&gabbana two tone sequin miss charles bag.
trang's diy wang sweater tutorial.
Wednesday, January 7, 2009
Last night my girlfriends & I went to blue agave and had one too many margaritas. Which of course eventually resulted in a bathroom photo shoot. I'm such a dork :)
This is ME.
I love this green wall. & Sydney.
Extreme close up.
We finally got her away from DAVE, success!
Posted by mandi at 4:03 PM
Sunday, January 4, 2009
W Mag December 2007
Photographed by - Craig Mcdean
These photos of Raquel Zimmermann and Suvi Koponen are absolutely breathtaking and imaginative in the most effortless ways. This is one of my favorite shoots of all time.